Superannuation - Sandhurst Trustees
  • Search:  

Temporary residents departing Australia

If you’re a temporary resident and you leave Australia permanently you may be eligible for a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP). Withholding taxes may apply to the DASP. However, if you do not make a claim within 6 months we are required to transfer your super to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as unclaimed super. Once your account has been transferred you will need to contact the ATO directly to claim it. For more information please visit


In accordance with relief provided by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), a notice or exit statement will not be sent to you if your unclaimed super is transferred to the ATO.